Love this stuff. There are 3 parts to making that tasty, bubbly stuff good for your mind, digestion and tastebuds. Here are 12 steps easy steps to making your first batch of glory juice.
What you’ll need:
- 1x 4 liter (gallon) jar
- 1x cup white or granulated sugar
- 5x servings Caffeinated tea – can be green, black, oolong and etc. The better the quality the better the kombucha.
- 1x Large pot
- 1x Kombucha juice – can be purchased at most health food stores. The SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast) is optional.
- 5x Glass bottles w/ plastic – can be pop tops.
- Boil 4 liters (1 gallon) of water in a pot
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar until dissolved
- Add 1/4 cup of Japanese Sencha Tea
- Cover with a lid for 4 hours
- Pour sweet tea into 4 liter (1 gallon) jar
- Add SCOBY and kombucha juice (approximately 300 ml). Optional: don’t add the SCOBY for a more refined flavour.
- Cover the opening of the jar with cheese cloth (doubled-up)
- Leave for 7-10 days in a dark and dry place
- Add a tablespoon of finely shredded ginger and 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice to each bottle
- Pour in kombucha juice to each bottle just from the top.
- Tighten the lids on each bottle. NOTE: use plastic lids – metal will corrode
- Store in dark and dry place for 7 days
- Store in the fridge for 1-2 days minimum
- Serve in a goblet style glass for the best experience. Enjoy. 🍶☁️⛅️☀️😊